We use the same principle as coming from our thermal bridging window brackets to supply a solution to create a thermal bridging support system for underneath doors. The best passive house certified door is useless the moment where you have a non-suitable substructure. Concrete or blocks are good for transfering load, but unfortunately they transfer cold and dampness as well. Why do not use a high density EPS material with outstanding insulation performance instead?
1,175mm x 230mm x 85mm (length x height x depth)
We highly recommend a protrusion of the door frame of 10mm on the outside, to allow space for an additional water-tight sealing layer.
• rot-free and water-resistant
• very good thermal insulation performance
• 100 % recyclable
• 100 % HCFC, HFC and HBCD-free
• made of high-density (expanded) polystyrene
• Infinitely extensible by dovetailing
• Load transfer of minimum 200kg per meter
For further specifications and technical details, please feel free to get in contact with us.